
Yesterday, I updated my fbook status to let everyone know that I was giving it up for a couple of days so people wouldn't think that I was ignoring their comments while doing this experiment. I think it's a little weird that we all think someone might be being rude or that something is wrong if another person doesn't comment back immediately. People do have lives outside of fbook and we don't always have the time to check our pages every five minutes. However, not having a virtual presence can be construed as not having a social life at all. Today it seems that if you're not online, you don't exist.
This is an interesting thought. I'll try not posting anything about being off Facebook, and maybe the responses will different. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks! You too!
ReplyDeleteI, too, have decided to give up facebook. Thank God we have each other and the rest of our classmates to blog to as a kinda "Facebook Substitute!"
ReplyDeleteGet your fix on. The Facebook end is near :0)