I'm so used to being able to post pictures and my status updates. Fbook is somewhat like a global therapy group where people can share what's on their mind (although, I'm not saying that everyone should. Some people should probably keep certain things to themselves). Even though I am blogging, which is helping me communicate my experience without fbook, I'm not reaching the rest of my friends and a global society at the moment. I can't contact all of my friends who I work with on a creative level, be it as a writer, a musician, or an editor. I find myself feeling somewhat suppressed, and as a poet and a journalist, I do not like it.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Look Everyone! . . . Oh wait, nevermind
Today I babysat my friend Ange's 11-year-old daughter and we decided to bake a giant cake that's shaped like a cupcake. Although our attempt to do this was a complete failure (because the cake just fell apart and we smothered icing all over it, making the cake one big, sugary blob, otherwise known as a heart attack on a plate), we had a ton of fun. We took so many pictures to remember this experience. I was naturally thinking, "I can't wait to post these on Facebook, so Ange and my friends can see what a mess we made!" But then I remembered that I can't until Tuesday. I hate feeling like I can't share with everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think your comment about feeling a great need to share what you did- baking the cake- with everyone is really interesting, and probably a relatively new impuse. I don't think before instant connectivity, the urge to share with everyone would have popped up so readinly.
ReplyDeleteReally nice blog.