Saturday, October 17, 2009

Some Privacy Please


Tonight I called my best friend to see what's going on with her, instead of looking at facebook. Unfortunately, I got her voice mail, but I've realized how much I miss having a phone conversation with someone and actually hearing that person's voice. Yes, fbook is quick and easy, but it's not very intimate especially when everyone else can read and comment on just about everything.

I actually had a problem with a friend who would comment on most of the posts my friends had left me. It was intrusive, especially since that comment was for me and no one else would understand the context of what was written. Words can be so easily misinterpreted on fbook. Not that his has caused a huge problem for me, but I know people who have dealt with fbook arguments. Phone conversations are much more private and what's said during those conversations is between me and the other person. That's our time and no one else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment